Saturday, October 06, 2007

Monday's the day

Well I set myself a deadline of Monday to open up the doors to my new store --- it definitely won't be all done by then (too much stuff, and I'm too much of a Virgo so each listing gets tweaked a few times, times that by the number of listings and well you get the idea!). Anyway, I'll go with what I have and keep on adding stuff as I go. At least it'll be open. I've put a little ad in YARN magazine so it has to be open! Haven't managed to get my hands on the Oct issue yet so it's nervous anticipation.

I've had a ton of fun trying to pick the Fleece Artist/Hand Maiden order, OMG it all looks so good! The sock yarns I've settled on are:

Merino -- 100% Superwash Merino
Sea Wool -- 70% Merino, 30% Seacell
Somoko --
65% Merino wool, 20% Kid, 10% Nylon, 5% Silk
Casbah -- 80% Superwash Merino, 10% Cashmere, 10% Nylon
and for soakers:
Minerva -- 100% BFL, DK (22st/4")
Athena -- 100% BFL, Aran (16st/4")
Bertha -- 100% BFL, "Big Blue" Bulky (12st/4")

The samples I have are simply lush!! I can't wait to nab a skein of Casbah for myself (indulgence to the max) and Sea Wool for a pair of summer socks for my mum who's moving to Arizona soon. Pretty chuffed with landing this supplier, there's only one other FA/HM stockist in Australia -- and they are stocking totally different yarns to the ones I have picked.

I knew that knitting one pair of socks a week in the cold winters of Central Oregon would lead to something one day! LMAO

Jolly Jumbuck will be focusing on yarns for socks, soakers, and something else :) You pick the something else's!

I need to nail down the colourways for the sock yarns by the end of the weekend too! Arrrgh so very very hard. So the store will have yarns dyed by the FA/HM artisans, plus I am getting some in undyed for my colourways ;)

I'm changing the way yarn is sold; it will now be dyed to order. You choose the yarn and choose the colourway, so you end up with the yarn that is just right for you! I hope to dye every Friday, limited slots available. There will still be instock yarns for those who don't wanna wait ;)

Alright, back to work!

xoxo



No comments:

 
Dear Diary Blogger Template