Friday, June 29, 2007

Naughty naughty knitter!

The Marihone kit arrived last week. I just couldn't help myself so yep have started yet another project. The differences in wool weight and needle size between the sweater and my other on-the-needles is really refreshing. You just need a change sometime y'know? So it's nice to swap between knitting with aran on 5.5mm and baby 4ply on 2.0mm. Besides I think as a knitterly WAHM it's healthy to have personal projects on the go.

Ahh, I can justify it all I want LOL

Anyway, I dived right in and cast on for the sweater 198 stitches, soon to be increased to 228. No gauge swatch, (that's the naughty naughty bit). I hope I don't have to "pay" for this naughtiness later on down the track when I begin the fair isle and knit a whole bunch only to find the gauge way off. I'm using the recommended sizes of 2.0mm and 2.5mm. The halfway-right thing to do would have been to at least start on the sleeves or the hat (less stitches to frog if all goes to pot with the gauge) but I figure if I'm going to be naughty I might as well be terrible!

(This post is grammatical mush! My brain has been a bit like that lately with the damn flu. So back to the comfort knitting.)

No comments:

 
Dear Diary Blogger Template